[CREATE] Suggested dates for LGM 2009 Montreal

Dave Neary dneary at free.fr
Mon Nov 10 07:32:35 PST 2008

Hi,

Mostly good stuff - I just wanted to bounce back on one point:

Louis Desjardins wrote:
> I slightly disagree with no call for presentations because then how do
> we get fresh blood in? But I do agree that we can all activate our
> networks and find some good projects and invite those people. But we
> have to have a mean of letting fresh blood in the LGM. I think it's one
> of the goals too, right?

In my experience, those with really compelling content will ask to
present. The way to arrange this is to leave about half your talk slots
empty (don't even fill them with "to be announced" and make sure that
everyone coming to the conference is aware that you are interested in
really compelling presentation proposals. No call for proposals with a
deadline - great talks get added as they arrive, until the schedule is
almost full. And you should feel no qualms about saying no if people
propose something you don't think will be interesting (although this is
the hardest thing to do).

Cheers,
Dave.

--