[CREATE] Bad news from Amsterdam

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Wed Oct 1 00:17:45 PDT 2008

On 01/10/2008, peter linnell <mrdocs at scribus.info> wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 September 2008 21:58:06 Craig Bradney wrote:
>> > Of course, the primary thing is to get most developers possible
>> > together. This includes proximity, sponsorship, etc, in order to get
>> > most of us in 1 locaion.
>>
>> I don't see any compelling reason to ship more than half of the people to
>> Singapore even if Andy has the time, will power and venue etc. Just a
>> waste
>> of money IMNSHO. I wouldn't sponsor it even if I had the money - just for
>> jaunt for 100+ people. I also think a good percentage of tickets would
>> have
>> to be bought for people rather than get them to be reimbursed.
>>
>> my 4c :)
>>
>> Craig
>
> +1
>
> In the alternative would Montreal be acceptable given we think the Uni would
> welcome us back ?

As Joao says, its about having a lead organiser and a team of local
hands to make it happen, more than about having a welcoming venue
(which are relatively easy to come by, compared to an admin team)

> A second thought would be to have it again in France, but not in Lyon, in
> Western France which would be 2.5hrs direct from Paris via the TGV.

Who would organise it? :-)

I suggest that anyone who wants it nearer them put together a plan and
post it here in the next few weeks, as Andy appears to be doing, and
we can decide what to do based on those more concrete proposals.

Best,
Dave