[CREATE] Bad news from Amsterdam

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Tue Sep 30 09:43:27 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 11:56 -0400, Hubert Figuiere wrote:

> That's just my personal case, but I suspect that it applies to most
> people that are not sponsored by their employer.

I'm sponsored by W3C, but I doubt I would go to Singapore,
unless I had other meetings in the area.  It would be a
hard sell I think, both for me (hours of travel) and for
my employer (cost).

It might be an idea for LGM to alterntate between North America
and (Europe, Asia, Australia) -- I can imagine an GM in 2010
being just after linux.conf.au for example -- so that most people
with restricted travel budgets can go at least once every two or
three years.

But I don't have the resources to organise a conference, or I'd
be propsing one in Canada... maybe in Moose Factory so we could
have talks in Cree :)

Liam