[CREATE] LGM immersion

Yuval Levy create07 at sfina.com
Mon Apr 13 11:50:57 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I would like to share with you an initiative / contribution to LGM:
<http://www.uwivi.com/>

We are putting together an exhibit of panoramic art, much of it produced
using Hugin/Panotools and software from other projects represented at LGM.

These images would not have been possible without Open Source graphics
software which has often taken the lead to introducing new, advanced
functionalities, picked up by avantgarde artists before being copied and
integrated into the proprietary tools to which many artists are still bound.

The exhibit will have two parts.

The one for which we are currently collecting user input are prints that
we hope to display in the LGM venue as a token of gratitude to the
developers who make the tools that make these images possible.

The second part will be a projection on a cylinder using Sébastien Roy's
Lighttwist
<http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/Multi-projector_immersive_displays:_the_LightTwist_project>

the details are being working out to deploy the system. We're like to
have a live performance, one or two short videos and a slide show, all
contributed by different artists using mostly Open Source software.

I hope you will find the time to let these artworks inspire you, as much
as your technical achievement have inspired the artist that used your code.

Yuv