[CREATE] LGM type event at SCALE

Jon A. Cruz jon at joncruz.org
Sun Aug 2 15:11:40 PDT 2009

On Aug 1, 2009, at 3:17 PM, Ted Gould wrote:

> Currently SCALE has a Friday slot for a couple of other events,
> including an Open Source Healthcare summit and a Women in Open Source
> meeting.  I think it makes the most sense to do a similar Friday
> event.
> I'm thinking it should be called "Libre Graphics Los Angeles" or LGLA.
> I haven't run it past the SCALE organizers yet, but I was curious what
> people on this list thought about the idea.

Of course, we should address your main question first.

So, yes, I definitely think it's good to have a "taste of LGM"
meeting at SCALE and perhaps other locations. I think SCALE is a
*very* good place for one. The mix of people attending SCALE is very
good, and the general area is very good for finding creative types in
addition to technical ones.