[CREATE] (no subject)

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Wed Aug 19 20:20:52 PDT 2009

Am Dienstag, 18. August 2009 20:02:17 schrieb Brian Vidal castillo:
> what about working with the GIMP UI redesign and take advantage from this
> process and reflect this on Inkscape or Scribus?
>
> this can be achieved I think...
>
> Somebody said Inkscape and Scribus are working on the UI, well GIMP has a
> big movement on this and we can use that.

Hi,

Sorry for joining the discussion at this late stage.

The main concerns and obstacles have already been mentioned by others, and I
really think that except for common icons and shortcuts there is not much
that can be done. To expect that any of the projects would change their
toolkit is illusionary at best.

However, there is another area that might deserve some work. As at least some
of you know, Adobe CSx provides a software called Adobe Bridge
(http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/bridge/), a media/asset manager
that can be accessed by all CS apps. It would be great to have something
similar for FLOSS graphics apps, including easily accessible interfaces.

Such a project may also help to speed up the further development of shared
resources and specs.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Christoph