[CREATE] OpenRaster layer attributes: lock and visibility

Jon Nordby jononor at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 06:16:54 PST 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:35 AM, Cyrille Berger <cberger at cberger.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday 02 December 2009, Jon Nordby wrote:
> > So, how much of this makes sense for OpenRaster? Do we want collapse
> and/or
> > inherit? Any of the additional attributes?
> If for now, my paint (and it is also true for Krita) only want
> visibility=true|false, then I would say we go for supporting
> visibility=visible|hidden (the advantage of this, is that in the future, we
> can support more). Not sure what 'collapse' do in SVG. As for 'inherits',
> well
> somehow visibility is always inherited anyway, there is no much sense in
>  having a group hidden and showing the child layer.

Works for us! If anyone has objections, please raise them now.

> Some way of marking a layer as locked (ie: uneditable) is also needed. Any
> > input on this?
> I would go for something like:
> editability=editable|locked|alpha-locked
>
> alpha-locked could be also named opacity-locked, it is when the
> transparency
> of the layer can not be changed, but the color can. We might find more
> specific
> locks later.
> Thinking about it, it might be interesting to already have channel-lock,
> but
>  that is difficult to express in an enum.

Would it be acceptable to ignore the alpha-locked attribute in an
application? Cause as I see it, it does not make much sense in a simple
drawing app like MyPaint.
Apart from that this seems sensible to me.

--
Regards Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com