[CREATE] LGM Pledgieing

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 21:41:22 PST 2009

2009/2/15 Nathan Willis <nwillis at glyphography.com>

> On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 4:38 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine <
> alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  > Two, a question -- is the plan to incorporate any non-individual (ie,
>> > corporate) supporters into the pledgie fundraising, or keep the two
>> > separate?  Consolidating them would be a good way to prime the pump, I'd
>> > think.
>>

>> Pledgie = community support
>>
>> It's up to community to be individuals or a corporation :)
>>

> What I mean is, should we contact the corporations directly and ask them to
> go to the pledgie page on their own, or try to get a commitment from them
> out-of-band?  I'm sort of looking for help understanding what happened in
> years past.

Hi Nathan,

Last year was the first year when we had a Pledgie campaign. We had
"corporate" sponsors *and* community effort that was a big plus to help us
reach the budget target. I understand your questionning about splitting the
effort or having one single channel (Pledgie) or more (Plegdie plus direct
corporate sponsorship) and I think — unless we do have an advice telling us
to do otherwise — that we're going to do both again this year. It might —
and I guess it sure will — happen that for some reasons a corporate
sponsorship might just be not possible in some cases but then a corporate
leader would still want to help us on a personnal basis.

I think we need to let the more channels open to accomodate various ways of
letting the money in. To me, this is the most flexible way of handling this
campaign.

Now, as to how and what to tell the corporate leaders who would want to show
their support to LGM projects, I think that we want to stress that LGM is
the most important annual meeting for the graphic projects ecosystem and the
gathering of the developpers once a year is a necessity for these projects
to be further developped and harmonized together. LGM is showing more and
more maturity each year, gathering more developpers and more projects
together. LGM is in its fourth year of existence. Etc.

If you want to write a press release, plus a short text for the sponsors,
please try coordinating the efforts with Christoph, who I cc here.

Cheer!

And thanks a lot for the good hand! We need that!

Louis

> Thanks,
> Nate
> --