[CREATE] LG and LGM logo and site layout proposal

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Wed Feb 18 12:29:42 PST 2009

Hi friends, here is a mockup I made with some rough ideas in it. The
pink splash is a good logo because it breaks the design, will loook
cool on t-shirts and is more contemporary.

http://rejon.org/media/lgm/website-lgm-rejon.png

The svg has the elements in it. Notice as well, that I made a nice web
2.0'y pattern for the side which gives some nice movement.

I would put more info in the header about the dates and move the
sign-up up there...

ALE, and others, please weigh in if we should send the press now, or
wait for changes on this and registration.

I personally feel like best to put our best foot forward and have both
of these online, but will go with what most people think. The chat
channel is quiet today, so hopefully this is a good way to move.

Jon

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 6:03 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine
<alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Magyar Bálint wrote:
>> On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 13:08 +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
>>> Pretty please, the application is called "GIMP", not "The GIMP" and also
>>> not "Gimp". And please do not use the akward Wilber rip-off from
>>> Wikipedia but one of the nice scalable SVG icons that are distributed
>>> with GIMP.
>>
>> Perhaps for LGM 2010. :) Thank you both for your response.
>
> This isn't the kind of response developers would love to get :-)
>
> Regarding the website design. The logo with hyperligature looks
> somewhat awkward.
>
> Alexandre

Jon Phillips
http://rejon.org/