[CREATE] PiTiVi talk proposal

Jeff web.kiddo at free.fr
Thu Feb 19 12:10:00 PST 2009

Hello folks,

I am hereby proposing to do a talk on PiTiVi (http://pitivi.org), a FOSS
non-linear video editor using the GStreamer framework. I think it fills
a significant gap of the FOSS (motion) graphic ecosystem (target
audience: everyone interested in video editing, especially on the Linux
platform), and would like to present the project from the point of view
of a long time user, tester/bug triager and designer, and as a hobbyist
video editor. I am not a developer on that project, but bilboed gave me
the green light to do it, so here I am.

Be assured that there will be no "Death by PowerPoint", as I am a fan of
the Zen presentation style (a barrage of bullet points on a white
background would not fly with a graphics conference, anyway ;).

If PiTiVi maturation allows it by that time, I may also have a live
demo, and sample production to show.

I live nearby and I speak French and English fluently, so I could give
the talk in both languages (but assuming the audience, it will likely be
in English by default). Some profile (and contact) information about me
can be found on http://jeff.ecchi.ca

Thoughts?