[CREATE] KOffice profiles license

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Thu Jan 22 23:39:45 PST 2009

Am 23.01.09, 00:58 +0100 schrieb Olivier BERTEN:
> I still wonder how an Adobe copyrighted profile (look at the cprt field in
> Adobe.icm) could possibly be released under GPL (see
> http://www.adobe.com/digitalimag/adobergb.html).
>
> By the way, Scarce is released under GPL without version. From the COPYING,
> you can see it's v2 but no indication if it's "or later" or not...

A pragmatic liberal licensing or a comment stating the whole thing is
public domain seems more appropriate.

ICC profiles where several times discussed on the OpenICC list, e.g.:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/openicc/2006q3/000748.html

Oyranos has now a FAQ entry about ICC profiles:
http://www.oyranos.org/wiki/index.php?title=Oyranos/FAQ#Where_Can_I_find_ICC_Profiles

hope this helps,
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--