[CREATE] ink/paper simulation

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jul 7 09:55:50 PDT 2009

On Tuesday 07 July 2009, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> Greetings, gents and ladies
>
> A while ago Yuri Yarmola, lead developer of FontLab (which seems to be
> the most popular proprietary font design/production tool now),

I've actually got a copy of that :-). Very old, version 2.5, and probably the
disks have rotted through, but it was cool in its days. I'm a bit surprised to
hear it's still going strong.

> 1. Is anybody else thinking that it's a good idea?

Sounds cool...

> 2. Would anybody agree to help integrating such a functionality to
> whoever works on core technology?

No way, I'm overloaded to the hilt, of not further, as is.

> And then:
>
> 3. How much of the presumed core technology is already covered in Krita?
> (optional for now: 4. What would be the best way of doing this UI wise?)

Not much, actually. We have had all kinds of experiments, but nothing that has
reached the stability needed for release.