[CREATE] Venue LGM 2010!

snelting at collectifs.net snelting at collectifs.net
Tue Jul 14 06:41:03 PDT 2009

Thanks Jon + Nat :-) I finally added to the press release too; will sync
French version a.s.a.p.

- Have taken out St. Gilles reference; once new LGM site is up we can show
better how nice it is :-) (I think everyone will enjoy nice café's, bars
and restaurants just around the corner!)
- The Pianofactory is launching their new site in September; I propose to
start linking to them as of than.
- Tried to clarify free / libre / open source references. I prefer the tag
line 'Cutting edge graphics software meets free culture at Libre Graphics
Meeting 2010 ' but don't know whether the original 'open source freedom'
is a term you feel attached to.
- We are working with artschools to organise workshops and an exhibition;
I'm not sure yet in what form but it will certainly happen but I'd like to
announce this once more concrete.

The venue is guaranteed for the last week of May. I've reserved the
conference room plus two extra-large spaces (one consists of three
interconnected large classrooms; the other is the beautiful downstairs
space you see here:
http://ospublish.constantvzw.org/image/?level=picture&id=1147
We can of course make use of cafeteria and courtyard etc. and with the
nice people responsible for The Pianofactory we will more carefully plan
spaces once we get closer to the event. We can also see whether to spread
out to nearby venues.

Femke

> cool....
>
> http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/Press_Release_1#Libre_Graphics_Meeting_2010_in_Brussels
>
> I think we need a section of GOALS and PLANNED PROJECTS.
>
> Also, a quick paragraph recapping what happened at LGM 2009.
>
> Then I think we are good. Femke, even if the goals/planned projects
don't happen, I think wise to place this out there to drive interest.

> The recap can be merged from blog posts about 2009.
>
> Make sense? I've taken a crack at the proposed sections above and think
it fills out the release more. The question is, do you all agree with
me. Also, is there enough flesh to actually connect and promote a
collaborative project?

> I think it makes massive sense, but we really need to get onto
> it...something like Blender Movie projects, but tailored to our
> community, OSP's interest, and to make something tangible we can all be
happy about.

> Cheers!
>
> Jon
>
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 3:39 AM, Nathan Willis<nwillis at glyphography.com>
wrote:
>> OK, revision made -- I added a link to the site Femke included in the
first
>> email; if that's not right and there is a more official one, by all means
>> feel free to change.
>> I think it could use some fleshing out, though -- perhaps a tale from this
>> year's LGM?  Any suggestions?
>> Also, I just dropped in 26-29 as the dates. Are those official? Nate
>> On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Nathan Willis
>> <nwillis at glyphography.com>
>> wrote:
>>> I'm going in to add some basic info about the venue; Femke or others can
>>> clean it up if I'm a little bit off on any of the details.
>>> Could still use a snazzy pull quote about this being the single greatest
>>> confluence of event and location in the history of conferences.... Nate
you get a chance to add to the press release. I had hoped to send out
on monday, but if you get edits in, can do on TUESDAY china time.
Cheers!