[CREATE] OpenRaster clarifications

Martin Renold martinxyz at gmx.ch
Wed Jun 17 13:09:51 PDT 2009

hi Calle,

Welcome aboard on the OpenRaster train.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 05:55:52PM +0300, Calle Laakkonen wrote:
> First, layers and nested layer stacks have coordinates which default to 0. I
> assume these are relative to the parent element?

I think this is the only definition that makes sense for a deep rendering stack.
No absolute coordinates. Someone should clarify this in the wiki.

> Second question is about the size attributes. If a size has been
> explicitly defined for a layer and it differs from the actual size of the
> source data, should the image be resized or cropped to fit the layer or
> should the manually defined size be ignored?  Likewise, how should a stack
> whose size differs from the computed size of its contents be treated?

I would say that, whenever a size is given, this can only mean cropping.
Resizing might not make sense for some filters, like a filter that generates
an infinite pattern.