[CREATE] Students needed for the Scribus SOC

OM malex at scribus.info
Thu Mar 19 10:29:27 PDT 2009

I'm very pleased to announce that Scribus Team has been accepted into Google
Summer of Code 2009 program. Since this list is read by many people interested
in open source graphics and publishing projects I thought I'd call out for
prospective students here. If you are a student interested in this area or you
know a student or students who might be interested but are hesitating because
they don't know if they can do it - please forward this letter to them. We, the
Scribus Team, will do all we can to help our students along through their
application process and through the SOC projects. We have wonderful mentors who
are very friendly, open and eager to help. Even though Scribus codebase could
seem daunting at first look be assured that there are plenty of projects you can
successfully accomplish even if you're not a C++/Qt4 guru. We're here to ensure
the success of this year's SOC. Please drop into #scribus on freenode.net or
email us. http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/GSoC_2009_Contact_Information has
the initial information a student would need to get started.
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Category:GSOC_2009 category has everything
under it.

Cheers,

Alex

Your friendly Scribus Team GSoC 2009 admin