[CREATE] LGM - Financial support for developers - Action needed asap

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Sat May 2 04:26:26 PDT 2009

Hi,

If you are a developer and/or a speaker participating to LGM, and are NOT
directly sponsored by your team (meaning money not handled by LGM
organisation) or by any other means, please read the folllowing.

Thanks to its generous sponsors and community, LGM organisation is able to
help funding your trip *within budget limits*. That help will cover only the
travel portion of the expanses, namely your flight, train or bus ticket,
round trip to and from Montreal, economy. Please note that accomodation and
food cannot be included in that funding.

In order to get your reimbursement we need you to comply with very simple
rules:

   1. We need to know who needs that help. If you haven’t bought your ticket
   yet, please send us a reasonable estimate of what that cost will be.
   2. If you are within a project of a few or more people, please have ONE
   person of that team gather the information and contact me directly off-list.
   Individuals not related to such larger teams are asked to contact me
   directly as well.
   3. This year, the GNOME Foundation is kindly helping us and will take
   care of the reimbursement process. Below is what Rosanna needs. Please note
   that all payment instructions will come from the LGM organisation. This
   means that I will be in charge of collecting the information and then give
   it to Rosanna.
   4. Ideally, I need to gather all the NEEDS (estimated cost or real cost)
   for sponsorship before LGM starts. You are helping me help you by acting
   asap!

There are three ways for the GNOME Foundation to send reimbursements.
The first method is via PayPal.  To transfer funds via PayPal, I need
the following:
 - PayPal account name (the email address used to sign up with PayPal)
 - Amount of reimbursement
 - Copy of the travel receipt

If the recipient resides in the US, I can send a check.  The information
I need to do this is:
 - Recipient's name
 - Recipient's address
 - Recipient's phone number
 - Amount of reimbursement
 - Copy of the travel receipt

Technically, I can send a check overseas as well, but as the check is
from a US bank, it is usually not the best option.

The last method is a bank wire transfer.  The information I need to
perform a transfer is as follows:

 - Account holder's name
 - Account holder's address
 - Account number (preferably IBAN)
 - Bank name
 - Bank address
 - SWIFT code
 - Currency of account
 - Amount of reimbursement
 - Copy of travel receipt

In the hope everything is crystal clear to all. Don’t be shy of getting back
here and ask any further question not answered here.

Cheers and have a good trip!

Louis
--
Louis Desjardins