[CREATE] Open Colour Standard(s) and LGM

ginger coons ginger at adaptstudio.ca
Tue Nov 10 02:13:01 PST 2009

That's excellent news! I do believe it makes much of my work obsolete. Neat.
Christoph, this is incredibly exciting. One question: in the case of
modified colours, where the company doesn't want its name used, does that
mean not even being able to make reference to the inks required to print the
given colour?

After some back and forth via email, the manager also suggested the creation
> of an Open Colour Standard for printing. He suggested 30--50 base colours,
> which would result in about 1200 tints. The company would participate in an
> open process that will lead to the creation of the standard and then print
> and distribute the colour fans (and the ink, of course) for different
> printing processes.

As for their take on an Open Colour Standard, I'm curious to see what sort
of process they're interested in using to open up the tint creation process.

Finally, the guy is eager to attend LGM and discuss all the details with us
> in
> Brussels :)

Looking forward to meeting this guy in Brussels.

--
ginger coons
adaptstudio.ca