[CREATE] LGM 2010 Website

Dave Neary dneary at free.fr
Sat Oct 3 05:43:25 PDT 2009

Hi,

Yuval Levy wrote:
> What I find disturbing in the current cacophony is the term "Libre
> Graphics". "Libre Graphics" is insider terminology. It rings a bell with
> you, but the best association it gets from the general public is with a
> Cuba Libre at the bar! Contrast the self-explaining "Creative Suite".
>
> "Creative Suite" refers to the most important feature of that software:
> it is part of a suite and it is for creative use.

The most important feature of the software is surely the freedom we give
our users, no? Creative Suite sounds like something that Adobe or Corel
would have already trademarked to me, even if it weren't already an
Adobe thing - it screams "multi-thousand dollar commercial software".

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary