[CREATE] LGM 2010: sponsoring

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat Oct 24 20:02:40 PDT 2009

Yes, its imporant to start on this sooner rather than later.

I would start with a figure for how much needed, how much for
developer travel since this is what we normally do to get people
there, and then how much, if any, is left over from previous years.

The, we created some spreadsheets with numbers, which can be re-used,
and to discover who to ask, which a few of us can help with, and then
just start asking nicely!

Let me know if you want to talk about more formally and/or who should
be intro'd from your guys team to head this money thing up :)

Jon

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 5:08 AM, Femke Snelting <snelting at collectifs.net> wrote:
> Before getting drawn into the LGM programme, I would like to ask on a
> practical note for your experience in financing the event ...
>
> How can we start getting sponsors to fly/train people to Brussels? It's
> not the kind of thing we are used to so we need your help :-)
> Who is interested in acquisition, looking for finances, sponsors?
>
> We entered an application for subsidy a few weeks ago at the Flemish
> Community (governmental subsidy for design events), asking for support
> in the travel costs. Although the committee seems intrigued we're not
> sure 'open source' and 'developers meeting' fit their average culture
> criteria. So I'm just mentioning this, but there's a small chance it
> will make it and we will only know the score in a few months.
>
> Pledgie anyone?
>

> Femke

Jon Phillips
http://rejon.org/