[CREATE] [LGF-LGA] Ok, let's start with a website

jon at rejon.org jon at rejon.org
Sun Aug 8 02:38:06 PDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 10:41 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine
<alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/8/10, jon wrote:
>
>> Also, while Libre Graphics
>> Meeting has been a success, I still feel that the concept of graphics
>> is too narrow for a larger organization. We should look to support the
>> spectrum of free and open source source creative applications,
>> including sound programs, video programs (which are totally weak IMO
>> right now), and many other not-purely graphics applications.
>
> You will have to convince LinuxAudio consortium that they need to
> merge with a not yet existing organization :)
>
> http://linuxaudio.org/about

Ha :)

> I do agree with your point though.

Consolidation might not be the solution :) But, I'm all for knowing
when things are end of life. If Create has served its purpose to be a
host, then run towards libre-graphics.org fast and hard. But, don't
worry too much about sunk costs like past websites and consolidation.
Rather, merge what is necessary.

LGM is great because it has a good focus on culture and creativity, in
addition to development and users.

Anyway... :)

Jon

--