[CREATE] Fwd: Re: [LGF-LGA] Ok, let's start with a website

Yuval Levy create07 at sfina.com
Thu Aug 12 14:54:23 PDT 2010

On August 12, 2010 01:10:21 pm Camille Bissuel wrote:
> On Drupal, my website (www.yagraph.org) is based on Drupal 6, and I never
> succeeded to set up i18n correctly despites my efforts (I gived up). Maybe
> I can try again...
> Can you be more explicit on the Drupal tools ?

these notes are unusually scant, even for my standards:

#  In Admin > Site Building > Modules enable the optional core modules Content
translation, Locale, Path.
# In Admin > Settings > Language set up the languages. Click on Add to add
them, set their priorities with Weight (smaller = higher prio), then configure
to Path prefix with language fallback.
# In Admin > Content > Types, enable Multilingual support with translation
under Workflow Settings. Repeat for all content types that you want to
translate.
# Enter new content to be translated and define its language. Language neutral
content will not be set for translation
# In Admin > Build > Block enable the language switcher block
# To set the front page per language, edit the node for the home page by
setting the URL path to something like "home". Repeat that on every home page
in every language. Then in Admin > Settings > Site Information set the Default
front page to "home". Yo can replace "home" with any unique URL name.
# in User Management -> Permissions grant permissions to administer languages,
translate menus, translate content (if you want the functionality to be user
accessible)
#  add the following block to settings.php

$conf['i18n_variables'] = array(
  // Site name, slogan, mission, etc..
  'site_name',
  'site_slogan',
  'site_mission',
  'site_footer',
  'anonymous',
  // Different front page for each language
  'site_frontpage',
  // Primary and secondary links
  'menu_primary_links_source',
  'menu_secondary_links_source',