[CREATE] LG magazine #1::∞

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Aug 18 08:28:42 PDT 2010

On 08/18/2010 09:58 AM, Louis Desjardins wrote:
> 2010/8/18 Jon Nordby <jononor at gmail.com <mailto:jononor at gmail.com>>
>
>     Ale, if you want to create a magazine issue at or for froscamp, I'd
>     say go for it!
>
>     While I completely agree that one should aim for periodic releases,
>     the important thing is to actually create issues of the magazine and
>     get them out to people!
>
>     And please, do keep your ideas and thoughts coming.
>

> Agree! :)

As somewhat of an outsider, in that I'm not a developer, or designer, or
artist (and consequently my opinions may carry no weight with any of the
aforementioned) which does perhaps lead to some objectivity in this:

- I don't know that the LGM Board needs to be too tightly overseeing all
activities that the various interested persons and groups might have,
such as magazines, the direction that the various graphics projects
might take, and so on. So there isn't any approval process that someone
has to go through to make some publication, and I don't see that some
need to be "official" publications in any way.

- It's better to have various individuals and groups doing what they can
to show the possibilities of open source applications, with the LGM
Board, or the Create list participants cheering them on, and not feeling
that some endorsement is necessary.

- And it won't hurt to also be able to show that we can work together or
individually in a friendly cooperative, encouraging way as another plus
for open source. Hopefully it's not as hard as herding cats or passing
legislation.

Greg