[CREATE] CREATE Digest, Vol 55, Issue 10

Carlos López González genetita at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 23:35:54 PST 2010

2010/1/18 <create-request at lists.freedesktop.org>

> Here's a new release so that you know that the project is still alive ;-)
> https://gna.org/files/?group=swatchbooker
>
> * SwatchBooker is now translatable
> * I also added a command-line convert utility (sbconvert.py)
> * New "extra" field for non-standard informations
> * More editing features
> * + lots of bugfixes
>
> Some information about SwatchBooker's own file format:
> http://localhost/selapa.net/swatchbooker/#fileformat

Very interesting. I've been thinking lately on implement a palette file
format for Synfig Studio.
I was considering to use same format as Gimp but after see the xml
specification from SwatchBooker
it seems reasonable to use it as our standard. That would give us the
opportunity to import several
palette formats from other applications and make the Synfig Studio ones
easily portable. Also it is
possible to save the palette format within the animation file.

I'm not aware about any discussion on palette format in this mailing list.
Can you guys enlight me?
Is there any open standard on pallete definition?
Thanks
Carlos