[CREATE] OpenRaster reference library - libora

Luka Čehovin luka.cehovin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 15:20:15 PST 2010

Yes, that would be similar to my idea. I thought this was clear from
the beginning but I guess it was not. I just wanted to start a project
of creating an IO library for OpenRaster similarly to how libpng is
used for PNG. Low level and platform independent support for loading
and saving .ora files and not much more than that. Then add some
bindings for scripting languages.

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 12:04 AM, Cyrille Berger <cberger at cberger.net> wrote:
> Hello,
> I think what is important is that you define what you want to achieve with the
> library. Who are the end users ? Is it a library for parsing, rendering,
> extracting information ? Is it intended for use in Gimp, Krita, mypaint ? As
> far as I am concern I would love to see something that would be more oriented
> toward light weight users of open raster, ideally a library that would be
> wrapped into scripting bindings to have python/ruby scripts generating files.
>
> On Tuesday 19 January 2010, you wrote:
>> On Tuesday 19 January 2010, Luka Čehovin wrote:
>> > Great. So I have started the development of libora on gitorious
>> > (http://gitorious.org/libora) and committed some initial code to start
>> > the development ... also check the wiki page of the library for
>> > details. ... I am not planning to develop everything that is written
>> > in the current "specification" ... because a lot of things are really
>> > not defined that well. Instead I would like to propose to focus on
>> > important things that everyone needs at the moment and make this the
>> > part of first version of the OpenRaster format. Then go on from there.
>
> --
> Cyrille Berger

Luka Čehovin
http://luka.tnode.com