[CREATE] Short words

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 20:14:00 PDT 2010

Hi Board and all,

Let’s put this in the shortest possible words.

/short words begins/

LGM is a dev conf with artists.

If devs are not present, it defeats the purpose of LGM.

/end of short words/

Louis

p.s. I think it would be by far more preferable if we coudl  reach a
consensus about the 2011 venue. With all respect due to any contrary idea I
think it’s much too early to go to Vietnam or basically to any Southern Asia
venue. We might be ready in 2012, or maybe on a longer run. I am confident
we will go to Vietnam one day. But from the organisation stand point, I
think it’s only good if we start evaluating this venue within at least a
2-year time frame. There is nothing at stake that would convince me of
urging this decision. We’ll get there when we’re ready, just like we’ll get
any new version when it’s ready. Pure Open Source philosophy.

Here are some figures that are worth to be considered. A long trip with a
short window for most of the developers and a considerable amount of money.
The trip to Vietnam (and back) is 1 stop when not 2 stops.

Montreal > 1600 CAD > 37 hours
Boston > 1800 CAD > 24 hours
Dallas > 1800 CAD > 35 hours
New York > 1900 CAD > 20 to 25 hours
San Francisco > 1300 CAD > 26 hours
London UK > 1200 - 1700 CAD > 16 - 22 hours
Paris > 1400 - 1800 CAD > 16 hours
Berlin > 1100 - 1500 CAD > 16 hours
Zurich > 1300 CAD > 26 hours
Sao Paulo > 2900 - 3000 CAD > 29 to 45 hours
Moscow > 1300 CAD > 20 to 25 hours
Oslo > 1300 CAD > 20 hours
Copenhague > 1300 CAD > 17 hours
Amsterdam > 1400 CAD > 17 hours

Prices and duration of trip taken from expedia.com