[CREATE] Libre Graphics Whatever - charter prototype

Andreas Vox avox at arcor.de
Wed Jun 2 03:41:33 PDT 2010

Hi Dave,

I agree that individuals should form the base of the organization. That's
why I propose that organizational members get only one vote, so they can't
dominate the organization.

The reason why I want organizational members is that organizations like the
GNOME or KDE Foundation have a charter themselves, and that limits how they
can spend their money. As a member of the new organization they might
participate in projects which might be closed to them otherwise (I argue
from an understanding of German law: a tax-exempt association can only
transfer money to another organization if its goals align. I'm pretty sure
the KDE e.V. could not give money to Inkscape or Blender directly, but they
could participate in a project under the umbrella of the new LG
organization).

That's also why I propose to open the possibility to transfer funding to
Endorsed Projects. If that's not as a possibility in the charter, it may
create problems later on the road.

Cheers,
/Andreas