[CREATE] spy report

Aileen Derieg a.derieg at eliot.at
Wed Jun 2 08:03:01 PDT 2010

Dear people,

Although I have no wish to interrupt current discussions, I just
wanted to let you all know that I have now posted my "spy report":
http://blog.furtherfield.org/?q=node/334

Comments are most welcome, but if you want to comment directly on the
blog, rather than starting yet another thread on this list, you will
need to register on the blog first. If confirmation seems to be taking
too long, please let me know, and I will approve your account
immediately.

Brief explanation: I wasn't really there last week as a "spy", but I
was specifically invited as an interested outsider to observe and
reflect on the Libre Graphics Meeting this year. What I hadn't really
planned for was how much I enjoyed it, how far I kept finding myself
drawn into presentations, discussions and conversations. This made it
a bit more difficult to step back and reflect, which is the reason for
the delay, for which I would like to couple my apologies with thanks.

The position I am writing from: I live in Linz, Austria, where I earn
my living as a translator. I started with computer books in the
mid-90s, which led to my interest in Linux and free software. Most of
my work now involves contemporary art and New Media. Alongside that I
am involved in various other contexts, such as the independent art
scene in Linz, Genderchangers, and MAIZ, an organization of and for
migrant women in Upper Austria.

Thank you for all of your efforts,
Aileen

--