[CREATE] [LGF] Get a status : association, foundation ...

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Thu Jun 3 10:58:52 PDT 2010

On 2 June 2010 20:43, Camille Bissuel <cbissuel at yagraph.org> wrote:
> we now have to discuss a status : is the "LGF" project should be an
> association, a foundation, a network, an informal group ?

IMHO the Libre Graphics Association should have the legal status of a
"member project" of SPI or SFC.

LGA should delay registering its own legal entity until that is
useful, since it involves some work and the major wins can be had via
SPI/SFC.

GNOME Foundation started as a SPI member project, and as it grew it
became independent. If that time comes around for us,
http://www.oneclickor.gs may be a good way to go.