[CREATE] Conference 2011 decision: only 26 days left

Hong Phuc Dang hp at gnome.asia
Fri Jun 4 11:40:27 PDT 2010

Dear all,

I still feel very excited and happy about the amazing experience at
LGM 2010. I learned so much and got together with a wonderful crowd of
people. Thank you all. I have already talked talked to some community
people here in Vietnam. And I told them about LGM and the fantastic
knowledge I have gained even in such a short time.

After the discussion about organizing the next LGM I believe it would
be a great chance for all of us to bring LGM to Asia. Besides that I
would like to see you teaming up with more people in Asia and
collaborating on projects, I would also have the chance to share and
learn more ;-)

I am very confident that we can bring together a good group of people
that will be able to put up an LGM in Vietnam - with the support of
contributors from all over the world. As there is a fresh drive, it is
a good time to start early preparations for 2011. I have started a
wiki page on http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/Conference_2011_Vietnam_Bid.
 Please check it out. I think for the beginning it is the best to
collect as much information as possible about potential venues,
travel, local and international projects etc. and to build a broad
base of local communities in Vietnam to support LGM 2011. The
community here would be definitely very happy and supportive seeing
LGM in Vietnam. We appreciate any help. Please join the wiki page to
help with the proposal.

I have also talked with Mario Behling, who is already working closely
together with projects across Asia. He would also like to help with
the organization of LGM 2011 in Vietnam.

I will keep you up to date about the progress and look forward to see
many people involved.

By the way, also please do not forget to contact me, if projects you
are involved in still need some translations to Vietnamese.

All the best from Can Tho,

Hong Phuc

--

Dang Hong Phuc