[CREATE] Need help writing the script for the documentary about LGM

Jake cubibubi at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 5 10:55:13 PDT 2010

Hello everybody,

as you might know, I'm doing the documentary on our meeting. It will have a
permanent voice-over that will guide the viewer through the story. Together
with Andy Fitzsimon, we created the script for the introduction, which is
somewhat a general story on collaboration in general, how open source is the
way to go, and finally how libre graphics are the climax.

The final script will be read out by Peter Linnell, who got studio gear, so
this aspect is covered (thanks Peter).

*However, it would be a great help if somebody could assist me in writing
the script for the rest of the film. *

I already have a draft, as well as a summary of all the footage I got, both
which can be viewed here: http://ietherpad.com/MFDquFQcGn .

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,
Jakub Szypulka

P.S. If you're curious what the intro script looks like, here it is:

*1. (First you have a short Intro, with text like Libre Graphics Meeting, a
film by blablabla, made June 2010, maybe license. this all is accompanied by
a short (<30sec) symphonical composition (which I will write).)

2. "Just like a symphonic orchestra requires perfect teamwork in order to
succeed, the greatest achievements of mankind were rarely done by a single
person. It is human nature to work on things together. Collaboration has
helped us overcome our greatest challenges."

3. "History shows us, that when people get together, anything is possible.
It may seem comical to some at first, but in the end, previously unthinkable
ideas become quick realities." (I'll cut footage of the pyramids first, then
the wright brothers failing, then succeeding, and finally some nasa footage)

4. "In the technology space, open source software is a better way to
collaborate and be creative with the ideas of others. The bi-product of
someone else's implementation, for example, can become incredibly useful in
a completely different area."

5. "Code, the essential building block of computer software has become a
rapidly transferable medium for the exchange of complex ideas. The creative
arts space makes for a natural melting pot for the inherit creativity of
open source software. L-G-M, the Libre Graphics Meeting, unites code
writers, artists and people in between each year for a mutual benefit: to
make the tools and the works made with those tools a better place."
*
*6. Music sets in, part II (main one) starts.*