[CREATE] [LGF] Some goals, aims or objectives !

Jon Nordby jononor at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 01:55:30 PDT 2010

On 5 June 2010 16:41, Camille Bissuel <cbissuel at yagraph.org> wrote:
> Hi Greg,
> I do agree with your view, and I do know that I won't achieve anything alone
> or even with a small group of interested people...
Everyone here that has experience from free software projects, or
other volunteer based activities know that words and dreams are cheap.
In the end it boils down to what people actually do and work to make
happen. The LGA will be nothing and do nothing without people doing
it. I'm going to answer from that standpoint, what I want to _do_.

> So, ok, let's discuss it... To active contributors in LG projects :
> - Do you find this LGA project useful, and why ?
> - How would it be useful for you on a daily basis ?
> - Said simply : Do you need a LGA, or is it a waste of time and energy in
> your point of view ?
In the short term, I would like to make a website that serves as a
common face for the serious libre graphics projects, describing what
they do, and what libre graphics is.
I can provide content, and Norwegian translation. However, I consider
building the website itself to be outside of my area of expertise. As
already stated, I have libre-graphics.org. I also have a VPS that we
can host the website on. I'll also work to market this website, and in
effect the association.
A formal organization is not a requirement for this.

In the longer term (6-12 months), I might work to get a training DVD
for MyPaint published. This depends on a lot of external things
obviously, but if I'm able to do that I would do it under the LGA
umbrella and hopefully create a foundation to make it easy for other
libre graphics projects to get things published as well.
This might benefit from having a formal organization backing it.

What will, or would you like to do under an LGA umbrella?
--
Regards Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com