[CREATE] OpenRaster test page

Jon Nordby jononor at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 00:47:15 PDT 2010

On 8 June 2010 01:43, Marcos Diaz <markos at nathive.org> wrote:
> I almost done the OpenRaster compatibility for Nathive (baseline), but now I
> want to test both load and save compatibility with other apps, and well...
> test Nathive ORAs in other app is boring, but create ORAs in other apps
> following similar process to test the load code is pain in the ass.
> I think we could add a page in the Create wiki with each project implemented
> features, maybe a matrix or something like this, also, the most important, a
> sample ORA file foreach project to make easier to do interoperatibility
> tests.
> What do you think?
I agree that we want something like this, and created the
openraster-examples-files
(http://gitorious.org/openraster/openraster-example-files) for exactly
this purpose. I haven't gotten to upload any MyPaint/GIMP files yet,
but I will sooner or later. I found you on gitorious, so you now have
commit access to the repo.

My idea was to have a fully rendered png and a simple metadata file in
addition to the .ora for each example. That will allow us to do
automated testing further down the road. The metadata file should
contain info like; which application wrote the file, what version of
the application, which extensions to the baseline it uses. Any simple
format will do, something like lines with "key = value" or whatever.
That probably means we should put each of the examples in its own subdirectory.

Btw, very nice that you've implemented OpenRaster!

--
Regards Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com