[CREATE] Decision for LGM 2011 venue — Action required

Alexandre Leray newsletters at alexandreleray.com
Sat Jun 26 14:23:16 PDT 2010

Dear all,

On 06/26/2010 05:31 PM, Louis Desjardins wrote:
> *What we ask here is to review the bids in the light of the guidelines,
> make sure you have all of them covered, and post your answers or
> questions here.*

After reading the 3 proposals it is clear to us that we'd like the next
LGM to take place in Vietnam. Many reasons for this choice:

1. The Vietnam proposal is the most complete/detailed. A lot of
practical aspects has been covered in a very realistic way, showing the
pros, the cons and the overcomes. Hong Phuc has proved her professionalism.

2. The venue is booked, and seems to be very comfortable. We haven't
been to Montreal before, but we are sure it shares this point.

3. It is a chance to gather new comers and developers from Asia. As Hong
Phuc said during her presentation, Asia has a huge potential. Beside
that, Free software is about accessibility -- of code, of knowledge --
and in that respect we see no reasons to limit ourselves to western
venues (we'd love to see LGM 2012 in Brazil.).

4. As western citizens, We'd love to discover another culture with local
people. Definitively better than going there as tourists. On this point,
Brazil is equally a good choice.

5. We see no reasons to postpone the venue of LGM in Vietnam to 2012! It
sounds to us like a polite way to say "no, thanks"...

Best!

Stéphanie and Alexandre