[CREATE] Draft programme LGM 2010

Schrijver eric at authoritism.net
Sat May 8 12:48:27 PDT 2010

Thanks a lot Femke.

Really grateful to see my talk included.

And I am really looking forward to seeing all the talks and demos of all of you, and figuring out how the projects can be applied in new design contexts!

I have to agree with what Femke said earlier: this LGM can prove very benificial in getting art and design education involved in f.loss.

Institutions are really trying to figure out how to train their students for the digital world. (At least the one where I work is). The course that I started giving in designing for new media used to be about teaching applications. But my boss said: we can’t have them spend so much time only learning hammers and nails when they should be learning to come up with the furniture.
But: there is no methodology in place, yet, for really teaching designing for the digital media…

What better place to look for inspiration than f.loss? It’s beyond tools: it’s also a matter of methodologies and ways of dealing with technology on a cultural level.

So, I will bring my students to the pre-LGM day :-)

And I think I’ll buy my first Linux laptop, so I’ll be able to try out and get to know all the projects with maximum efficiency.

Yeah.

Best!

Eric S

Op 7 mei 2010, om 20:01 heeft Femke Snelting het volgende geschreven: