[CREATE] [LGF] Let's start to discuss about a "Libre Graphics Foundation" or "Association"

Camille Bissuel cbissuel at yagraph.org
Sat May 29 12:58:11 PDT 2010

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone, We discuss today at LGM about a "Libre Graphics
Foundation" idea, and it sounds it will become reallity before the end of
september with a lot of volunteer work.

There's a lot to say and to discuss, so let's start slowly... If you have
some time I recommend you to read thee notes of the BoF sesssion joined here
(thanks to John Haltiwanger and the LGM staff).

Simply said, we have to main goals (to discuss) :
- connect and create a network of LG projects and peoples (not only devs)
- as an horizon line, we want to found and get money for the Libre Graphics
projects via a non-profit organisation

Andreas have already introduced the topic, so I will not redo his
description, but please keep the [LGF] tag or other proposals.

Then we can discuss if it will be an "association" or a "foundation", in
wich country (alessandro aka a.i.e suggest that creating an association in
Switzerland is the simplest way to start),how to set up a membeship,
boarding, and so on.

We will need a multilingual website too... at a lot of other things

But let's start slowly and one idea by one please, so we can build it simply
and clearly, it's a vast subject.

Everyone is really welcome to give his point of view and his time.
Let's start by suggesting names, and then we will see if we can have a
domain name connected.
If you want to discuss another topic, please create a new mail with the
[LGF] tag and a good object.

When we get a consensus on a subject, we can create a corresponding page on
the create wiki to fix ideas.
As Andreas said, we are waiting comments !

Cheers to everyone, and specialy people who were there in the BoF ;)
Camille Bissuel aka yagraph
(www.yagraph.org)