[CREATE] [LGF] A name !

Jon Nordby jononor at gmail.com
Mon May 31 02:41:04 PDT 2010

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 10:26 PM, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:
> Not necessarily an argument against libreartists, but what would someone
> expect from an organization with a website named libreartists.org?
I guess the organization would also be named Libre Artists or similar.
If so, I would expect it to 1) be about more than graphical arts, 2)
the organization to represent artists, and to a very small degree the
tools (our software projects) they would use.

I would suggest to keep the organization to graphical arts only. Not
because other arts are not welcome, but to keep the scope of the
project down. If we are able to do something really good within the
world of graphics with this organization, people can (and probably
will) consider making a new organization for other arts, like those
around audio. Or we make an umbrella organization that encompasses all
arts. But I would highly recommend not going there at once, resources
are limited, don't spread them too thin.

--
Regards Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com