[CREATE] LGM 2010 travel reimbursements

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 14:39:49 PDT 2010

2010/11/3 Susan Spencer <susan.spencer at gmail.com>

> Just curious, but how do you confirm that everyone has entered their data?
> Has this milestone been completed?
> What is the next step in the timeline?

Hi Susan,

Here is the info you're looking for:

*Who qualifies :* Developers or presenters who have attended LGM and who are
officially entitled by each team’s leader(s) or who were invited to talk at
LGM by the organisers and who have not been sponsored by other means to
travel to LGM.

*What we reimburse : *We aim at reimbursing in full the travel trip,
that isthe transportation only, plane, bus, train, fuel, upon receipt
of the proof
of purchase of your ticket. We need to first find out the total amount we
are asked to reimburse. If there is enough money, we reimburse 100%, if not,
then we’ll reimburse proportionally to the money we have. If we have more
money, the remainder is bumped into the next LGM budget.

So far, we’ve been lucky enough to be able to reimburse 100% of the
submitted expenses.

We have a specific page on the LGM webiste where entitled people can file
themselves in, upload their receipts and all relevant info so we can
reimburse them.

We fix a deadline to gather the data and then we close the web page. This
info is posted on the Create list or on the website.

Then the process starts.

I understand there are some glitches in the process. When this occurs, we
act as rapidly as possible to address the issue.

For Montreal 2011, we aim at refunding entitled people within a month after
the conference, that is on Friday, June 10, 2011.

Louis