[CREATE] [OpenRaster] libora: shallow review, thoughts

Jon Nordby jononor at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 08:37:28 PDT 2010

On 11 October 2010 23:11, Luka Čehovin <luka.cehovin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>> Since there is now immediate interest I will try to write some
>>> documentation as soon as possible. Perhaps you can just tell me where
>>> I should start (what is the most important part?)
>> Hmm. ora.{h,c} and layers.{h,c} seems like a good starting point.
>
> Just a short notice that I have started the documentation effort in my
> personal repository clone. At the moment I have set up doxygen and
> documented ora.h. At the moment I do not have a lot of free time so
> the work will progress slowly ... but we are getting there.
Thanks. Just push stuff to mainline master as appropriate, there is no
big point in keeping stuff that we want in a personal clone somewhere
unless it is broken/experimental.

I've started working on viewer-class support for Qt now, sponsored by
my employer Openismus. The Qt specific code is here:
http://gitorious.org/openraster/qt-viewer-support
Everything that is not Qt-specific will go into libora so that the
code can be reused easily by other things. Like the gdk-pixbuf stuff I
hope to do later.

I plan to introduce a new header and .so file (name: liboraview?) for
the viewer-class API. This because I hope we can reach maturity for
this use-case fairly fast, and thus API/ABI stability. I do not think
we are able to do that for more complex use-cases like the ones which
require access to each layer any time soon, hence the separation.

I'll report back when I have something that is starting to become
useful. Feedback appreciated.

--
Regards Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com