[CREATE] Libre Graphics Magazine Pledgie campaign

ginger coons ginger at adaptstudio.ca
Sat Oct 23 01:55:32 PDT 2010

I can indeed shed some light. We're planning to print a 96 page publication,
half colour, at Mardigrafe in Montreal. It costs $7,403 CAD to print 1000
copies. For double that price, we could do 5000 copies, but $15,000 dollars
seems like an unrealistic goal right now. The extra money built into the
goal is there with the intention of having a little wiggle room, as well as
being able to finance shipping large boxes of magazines, which is the heart
of our distribution strategy. Essentially, within the number of copies we
have, we'll gladly send a box to anyone who is attending an event and wants
to hand some out. This issue, we're hoping to send some along to FOSSASIA
and I'll be taking some to the HTMlles festival (a digital art fest in
Montreal) as well as on classroom visits to design schools. We'll also be
offering copies for sale online. At the moment, I'm looking into order
fulfilment services which might be suited to doing this job.

Hope that gives an idea of printing goals and distribution strategy.

--
ginger "all-lower-case" coons
adaptstudio.ca