[CREATE] Libre Graphics Magazine Pledgie campaign

Jon Nordby jononor at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 06:18:00 PDT 2010

On 23 October 2010 10:55, ginger coons <ginger at adaptstudio.ca> wrote:
> I can indeed shed some light. We're planning to print a 96 page publication,
> half colour, at Mardigrafe in Montreal. It costs $7,403 CAD to print 1000
> copies. For double that price, we could do 5000 copies, but $15,000 dollars
> seems like an unrealistic goal right now. The extra money built into the
> goal is there with the intention of having a little wiggle room, as well as
> being able to finance shipping large boxes of magazines, which is the heart
> of our distribution strategy. Essentially, within the number of copies we
> have, we'll gladly send a box to anyone who is attending an event and wants
> to hand some out. This issue, we're hoping to send some along to FOSSASIA
> and I'll be taking some to the HTMlles festival (a digital art fest in
> Montreal) as well as on classroom visits to design schools. We'll also be
> offering copies for sale online. At the moment, I'm looking into order
> fulfilment services which might be suited to doing this job.
>
> Hope that gives an idea of printing goals and distribution strategy.
This information should be readily available on your Pledgie page. To
actually get donations, it is fundamental to communicate what people
are helping to achieve by donating. Some sneak peaks/teasers might be
beneficial too. Also make sure that your cause is known to the big
related communities. Get on Planet GNOME and Planet KDE for instance.

--
Regards Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com