[CREATE] LGM2011 Launch Timings + pledgie drive

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Feb 12 02:07:28 PST 2011

hi

> >> ok, yes, better for international things. My friend Mark who owns
> >> pledgie update it and is adding video support.
> >>
> >> How about we target march 1 for announcing the conference and the
> >> pledge drive.
> >
> > OK if you think not too late :-) What would be the closing date for
> > talks?
> >
> > I'll check with Alex for another dynamic pledgie button?

hi femke,

personally i'd prefer to have the same pledgie button as last year... it's ok to optimize it a bit (and maybe create also a "real" button), but i'd like the people to recognize that it's a yearly event.

this does not mean that it has to stay forever in its current state! but, imo, a bit of continuity may have a positive effect...

it this does not mean either that i won't be happy with a new cool button from alex!

> despammer :) I'm curious what ALE and web folks want to do on the LGM
> site. What about call for participation and more. I'm not a wiki-hater
> yet, but starting to think about LGM as a brand and how forcing ppl
> thru a wiki and multiple sites is really really distracting from the
> event.

hi JOHN,

i'd like to have all the public pages related to the LGM on the LGM site. but i thought that we had to use the create wiki for the talks submissions.

i have already finished the set up the submissions framework for 2011 and i think it's now time to concentrate on getting high quality submissions not on the infrastructure behind it.

next year, we can certainly look for a solution which will be on the LGM site (and which does not require a wiki account for submitting a talk proposal).

ciao
a.l.e