[CREATE] LGM11 panel proposal: attracting new devs

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Feb 19 03:49:40 PST 2011

On Friday 18 February 2011, Louis Desjardins wrote:

> +1
>
> I think it is a great idea. I am not sure if a panel serves the idea better
> than a talk or a workshop but the idea is great ! It's a topic for LGM. A
> lot of people don't even thing they could be of great help to projects.
> Coding is one, but features have to be carefully sketched before we actually
> code. Unless the coders know the field perfectly (and even if they do), they
> need the input from the users.

I think it's a good idea as well. Maybe I can contribute something useful to the panel, since Krita is one of the few libre graphics projects that doesn't really have a dearth of developers. I'm sometimes worried about the churn, and about the way my day job interferes these days, but getting new people doing cool stuff hasn't been a real problem for us since ~2003.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org