[CREATE] "Reclaim your identity".

Femke Snelting snelting at collectifs.net
Sat Jan 15 02:40:37 PST 2011

>     Like this countercurrent about the involvement of women at LGM, I
>     think you will find that people at LGM will let you and others be
>     what you want to be.
>
> I've certainly found that, but I think it does raise an important point.
> Many people might find themselves falling at the first gate. Instead of,
> for example, walking away, thinking about it and coming back, many
> people confronted by the feeling of outsiderness might find themselves
> deterred for good. Not to say that we need to become hyper-inclusive at
> the expense of our real purpose, but it is a consideration which is, I
> think, at the crux of this whole gender discussion.

No apologies necessary -- inclusiveness is not in competition with or in opposition to LGM goals.

That the LGM community 'Lets people be what they want to be' is really nice but apparently not enough when women miss out on this great event, as can be concluded from their absence, and from their need to address the issue on this list.

Femke