[CREATE] Inkscape questions

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Mon Jun 20 04:35:26 PDT 2011

On Sunday 19 June 2011, Yuval Levy wrote:
> > > April 2008: http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/135
> > >
> > > and
> > >
> > > June 2011: https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape
> > >
> > > (634 new, 3083 open) ?
> >

> > I don't see a discrepancy.  The first report is not about open vs closed
> > bugs, it's about new vs "triaged" bugs - i.e. whether or not the bugs
> > have been categorised and identified as bugs.
>
> In 2008 the project went from 1800+ new to about 100 new.  If this was just
> a  consequence of the tool used (as implied in the first article), going
> back up to 634 new needs an explanation.
Or maybe the first link is wrong, and it is not the tool that is the reason of
the drop... Mark Shuttleworth is pursuing an agenda, and his blog is all about
pushing his agenda.

In case of launchpad, the agenda is that everybody should use it and drop
whatever else they are using. In light of that, it is no surprise that he
would take such a graph and show to the world how launchpad is efficient, even
if the reallity is different and the inkscape team just cleaned up their bug
database. Which is something they could have done in their previous bug
reporting tool, but in my experience, such cleaning happen when there is a big
momentum in the community such as a new release or a new tool.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott