[CREATE] Conference Press and Announcement + Launchpad UPDATE.

jon at rejon.org jon at rejon.org
Thu Mar 10 16:39:16 PST 2011

Hi guys, been working on the conference announcement and press today
and realized we have some parts to complete. We now have the paypal
address and will make that live as soon as my friend Mark who does
pledgie adds the video support so the video can be attached.

I was having a difficult time keeping track of what needs to be
completed so I created a launchpad project to track our releases and
really handle managing the project and lgm details:

https://launchpad.net/create-project/+milestone/1.0

Please do sign-up on launchpad and help us make it good. Louis, ALE,
Nathan, Eric, Brad and myself have been working hard on pulling
together details, but I think we are still missing some pieces and
need to test a bit more before launching. Plus, Fridays suck for
releases!

So, as son as the video goes live, will flip the switch so we can test
out the new donation system and paypal, but want to hold off on
announcing until sunday night american time/ morning euro time. Plus,
a few of us will be at SXSW in texas, so will be good can spread the
news on monday.

Here are some bugs I listed on the tracker so we can track, and
hopefully some of you kind souls can jump in and help:

  	#732963 	main LGM website doesn't have a link to submit
presentations 		Critical 	  	Confirmed
  	#732967 	the fundraising campaign is not launched! 		Critical
	rejon  	Confirmed
  	#732983 	the paper submission system for 2011 is not tested
		Critical 	  	Confirmed
  	#732969 	the lgm2011 colors are the same as 2010 		High 	  	Confirmed
  	#732959 	fundraising video not attached to pledgie campaign
		Critical 	rejon  	In Progress
  	#732975 	the press is not complete and ready for announcement
		Critical 	rejon  	In Progress

Also, I added the other press announcements as milestones up on
launchpad. It would be great to get more people involved and also
track what is going on. I'm personally having a hard time tracking and
know we are all busy, so this should make it easier.

Cheers!

Jon

--
Jon Phillips