[CREATE] LGM2011: Pledgie, call for papers, marketing push

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 05:00:59 PST 2011

2011/3/11 a.l.e <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch>

> hi
>
> > a.l.e and Alex wanted to keep it simple, but we certainly can change
> > colors. Have you got a preferred one ? :p I've started to work on
> > additional SVG backgrounds too, and hope to push them quickly.
> >
> > I have to go this morning, but will be working on the website this
> > afternoon (pledgie button + SVG backgounds at least). Please send me
> > the pledgie campaign link as soon as it is ready !
>
> alex was working on some tweaking of the design.
>
> since the artwork is it's creation, i'd suggest you to get in touch with
> him before changing it on the LGM site.

Also, with the LGM board we have agreed that from now on the LGM brand would
be the one created by Alex.

If you guys want to change that decision, the colors it has to be consistent
and done in the earliest possible stages of the organisation (that is, at
the end of the previous LGM !!! :) aha! ). I am already using that color for
business cards, invitations letters and advertising in the magazine of one
of our partners, ICGQ. It could of course be changed but if yes, then do it
quick and agree on it quick too. I am about to produce the t-shirts ! :) And
the website is already up with that color.

My take is I would prefer that the surroundings graphics change from year to
year but not the logo and not the type. Something has to remain consistent.
It's branding.

One thing to consider is if we are going to change color every year, will
the LGM brand be well served by such a decision.

To me it is far more important to have the PR and Pledgie and Website and
Call for participation out and Sponsors than any other consideration at this
point in time, especially because we are not that numerous to work on all
those things. If everyone gives his opinion on the color of the logo we're
in for a long round here.

As always, I am ready to be convinced by good arguments but time is running
low. :)

Cheers!

Louis

> ciao