[CREATE] Access to LGM website

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Mar 18 16:57:25 PDT 2011

hi yuval.

> On March 18, 2011 06:39:01 pm a.l.e wrote:
> > in my eyes, people who just want to do small edits on the site
> > should access it through the web and not through ssh.
>
> I don't know the exact architecture of the site and I may be
> suggesting something that is not feasible:
>
> why not having the code in a mercurial repository with a cron job (or
> better: a hook) that updates it automatically from the repository?
>
> every project member can access [0], whether occasional small edits
> or major redesign.
>
> That's going to be a lot less headache for you (or whoever is
> managing the site), and with revision control you can easily undo if
> somebody screwed up. You can also branch out development of the next
> year and test it and turn it on only when it is ready...

interesting concept.

the content is managed in a wiki form and is stored in a database.

the access to the server is only need to modify the forms and the templates.

personally, i haven't yet used mercurial yet (nor git; i still normally use svn, which is not ok to publish a website).

let's see how we will manage the site next year... i think that we will give up with anwiki.
mercurial could then be a way to manage it!

ciao
a.l.e