[CREATE] pinpoint

Øyvind Kolås pippin at gimp.org
Thu May 19 17:40:21 PDT 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 12:09 AM, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:
>> "Requested 'clutter-1.0 >= 1.3' but version of Clutter is 1.2.14"
>>
>> I guess all clutters are named clutter-1.0, even though the version might
>> be 1.3, 1.4, etc. (sigh)

They are all named clutter-1.0 since later versions of the 1.x series
are compatible with 1.0

>> Off to finding and compiling clutter...
>>
> Oh me...
>
> This is too much work. It seems that there really is a long list of
> dependencies of advanced versions of various things, but configure only
> tells you one at a time, and they are generally not in fedora's repositories
> in recent enough versions. Just don't have the energy for compiling 10
> different packages just to _try_ to compile pinpoint.

Pinpoint should depend on Clutter 1.4 or newer, (the oddness of x.3
indicates that it depended on the development version of clutter at
the time it was written). Clutter 1.4.0 was released 2010-09-24, you
might be better off trying to compile that version of clutter and
installing its dependencies than going for a bleeding edge version of
Clutter. Alternatively... fedora 15 is out in a couple of days.

/pippin
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/