[CREATE] videos at lgm

Jakub Jankiewicz jcubic at onet.pl
Wed Apr 25 01:48:02 PDT 2012

I also can't wait to see some videos, because I can't come either.

Maybe you don't need to post process videos, only upload it to youtube
or vimeo (you can create account for LGM on those), in river valley
videos there was slides and River logo. Most videos from other
conferences don't look like processed, (some of them had only intro -
few still frames with author and title of the talk).

If someone have a time he can upload all videos from river valley to
youtube, more users will see them. On youtube there can be annotations
with message "help make this event happen this year with link - it can
be link that will redirect to current pledgie campaign), or it can be
outro at the end.

check PyCon Keynote (it only have still image at the begging)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9ITLdmfdLI
and there is lots of this kind of videos.

Jakub Jankiewicz

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 10:16:38 +0200
Robert Martinez <mail at mray.de> wrote:

> Thank you!
>
> I'm very happy you are putting effort into this.
> It dissapoints me to not be able to join this year, and I'm looking
> forward to any videos.
> Your work is highly appreciated by me.
>

> Robert Martinez
>

> On 25/04/12 08:45, ale rimoldi wrote:
> > p.s.: some background:
> >
> > for the past LGMs river valley offered us the recording of the LGM
> > talks, last year it offered us the post-processing work and we had
> > to found a compatible camera to record the talks.
> >
> > this year they couldn't afford to record the talks, without us
> > paying them for their services (which would have been fine if we
> > would have had the money for it).
> >
> > currently, i'm trying to set up a system that costs a fraction of
> > what we would have had to pay to river valley, but i could not get
> > all the material together, yet.
> >
> > the goal is to be able to put record everything live on a hard disk,
> > reducing the need for post production to a minimum.
> >
> > i plan to use:
> > - vga2usb (i'm buying it today) to capture the screen
> > - a webcam to record the person talkin in a PiP
> >    (the idea was to have a Pan Tilt Zoom Internet Video camera to
> > get some dynamics...)
> > - freesee to put the images together
> >
> > the linuxwochen guy told me that it is likey that there will be
> > microphones available... but could not give any details, so i will
> > have to check when i'm in vienna at the beginning of the next week.
> > and react if needed.
> >
> > if anybody has better ideas, you're welcome.
> > irony is at this point not welcome.
> >
> > ciao
> > a.l.e

Jakub Jankiewicz