[CREATE] W3C Compositing and Blending 1.0 draft is up: implications for OpenRaster?

Guillermo Espertino (Gez) gespertino at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 11:57:17 PST 2012

El 01/12/12 15:49, Martin Renold escribió:

> You want to render exactly the image that the creator was looking at, not
> "improve" it.  In the absence of a clear hint, my guess would be that sRGB
> gamma compositing was used.

*IF* the creator blended images in sRGB space.

I'm bringing this up from my place as a creator. If my tools allow me to
blend in linear space I'd use it, because the result is better.
In that case, if compositing in browsers uses sRGB for blending the
appearance of the browser won't match with a mockup created in a
software that blends in linear space.

Gez